The Benefits of Incorporating Collagen Supplements in Your Skincare Routine
Table of contents
Redefining Skincare with Collagen Supplements
As our skin’s elastin and collagen degrade, our complexions lose their youthful appearance and start to look dull and wrinkled. Fortunately, dermal fillers, laser treatments, and products specifically designed to boost collagen in our skin work together to help restore the skin’s natural glow. A great addition to any skincare routine is collagen supplements.
What are the Benefits of Collagen Supplements?
Collagen is used widely in the cosmetics industry, but it can also be installed in the body in the form of oral collagen supplements. It is found in a lot of foods, but its levels start to drop when we reach our mid-twenties. Taking collagen supplements can help to make up for this. Here are some of the benefits:
- Reduced Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Collagen helps to increase elasticity of the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Furthermore, because it penetrates to the deeper layers of the skin, it helps to increase the longevity of your other skincare products.
- Improved Skin Hydration: Collagen helps to strengthen the cells of the dermis body which creates a better shield that locks in moisture and keeps our skin hydrated.
- Firmer Skin: As it increases the number of fibroblasts in the skin – it has been found to help reduce sagging and restore the skin’s texture.
How to Use Collagen Supplements in Your Skincare Routine
Consuming collagen supplements as part of your daily health routine can help to replenish the collagen that is lost from our skin. There are several ways of taking collagen and each person can decide what is best for them. Here are the most popular options:
- Collagen Powders: Collagen powders are usually flavourless and can be added to both hot and cold drinks.
- Collagen Tablets and Capsules: These supplements are a convenient way to get your daily dose of collagen and they are also easy to add to your daily routine.
- Collagen Serums: Collagen serums can be applied directly to the skin, exactly the same as a moisturizer. Serums contain the highest concentration of collagen and are a great alternative for those with sensitive skin types who do not want to take supplements orally, or for those who want a more fast-acting solution.
Collagen supplements are an important part of many skincare routines, and taking them daily can help to slow down the aging process and ensure that your skin maintains its healthy and youthful appearance. While it is important to talk with a dermatologist or medical professional to ensure that you are getting the right dosage for your particular skin type, the benefits of collagen supplements are undeniable for those looking to reduce wrinkles and restore skin’s hydration.